My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tryin To Learn My Model ?
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i just purchased this 1405 in the past week, I mowed with it on Day 1, Day 2 i go start it, it runs, i change the head lamp bulbs, doing that blew the fuse, and made the wires hot as if there was a short somewhere, So i disconnected the Head Lamps, changed the fuse again, and all it does now is it will crank and crank and crank but it won't actually start.

So, If anyone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Tryin To Learn My Model ?
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thanku:I've been tinkering around with it, and i found that if i go to start it and mess with the wires behind the motor below the dash it'll fire up, i've decided to re-wire the whole thing and i've come to a problem. It seems there are two green and a black wire that hook to the connector on the pto clutch, but there is only one green coming from where i cut the wires. i cut each wire one by one and replaced them one by one. But one of the green wires was already cut and i can't find where it came from. Is there one green in and one green out. Does one goto the head lights? Can i just not hook it up and try it? I'm doin away with the head lights all together, i may run new wiring for it at a later time, but not concerned about it now. I just want my baby running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts