My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great looking machine, nice find.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Looks like the PO took good care of it. slkpk

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
That is a beautiful non-restored 129. Like the high back seat.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Looks like it may have had engine work? Engine's black instead of yellow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you gentlemen for your compliments, especially sadixon 49. My avatar is a Spruance class destroyer, USS Briscoe DD-977. It was de-commissioned in 2005. I am a Navy veteran and a crew member onboard this man of war from 1985-1987. Jsoluna, the engine was short blocked at some point in it's history. I would like to re paint it to its proper yellow in the spring. Have since replaced the side panels that are missing in the picture. Needs a few minor things, nothing serious. I'd be interested in installing the oem headlights if anybody has all the piece's available. Can make my own wiring harness if necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Headlights only came standard on the 149 and 169 at that time - you can buy the set that bolts in place of the metal plate that is currently on yours now - but they are expensive :) I've seen em on eBay a couple times - you should also try checking with the site's sponsors.

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
Thank you gentlemen for your compliments, especially sadixon 49. My avatar is a Spruance class destroyer, USS Briscoe DD-977. It was de-commissioned in 2005. I am a Navy veteran and a crew member onboard this man of war from 1985-1987. Jsoluna, the engine was short blocked at some point in it's history. I would like to re paint it to its proper yellow in the spring. Have since replaced the side panels that are missing in the picture. Needs a few minor things, nothing serious. I'd be interested in installing the oem headlights if anybody has all the piece's available. Can make my own wiring harness if necessary.
since Your Looking for Headlights I would check with this Cub Dealer & Bone Yard http://www.rfhoutzandson.com/ContactUs.aspx or any of these Other Bone Yards http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=172824 The headlight Panels through Bone Yards are a lot Less expensive Than Buying New (Old IH stock) from MTD:thThumbsU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts