My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cub Cadet 128

The starter-generator is missing the oil cap... anyone know where to get a replacement cap/fix it right? Or will I need to squirt a dab of gasket goop over the hole after oiling the bearing?

I need help changing the belt for the mower deck... didn't take a real good look at it, but it looks like I'll need to remove some bolts up front by the pto drive. Before I tackle it, I figured I'd ask if there's any useful advice regarding putting a new belt on. Also anyone have part numbers for it?

How much is the 'windbreaker' cab worth? The canvas is dirty (any advice how to clean it without damaging it?) and the front plastic window is broken along the top, but seems complete and in otherwise decent shape. Any advice on repairing/replacing the plastic window? Seems that plastic window stuff used on Jeep soft tops would work... but I dunno.

I've gotten links to the Cub Cadet FAQ pages (there's a few of them actually), but a service manual would be awesome!!!! Anyway, I appreciate the help guys!
Matt:thThumbsU

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a PDF of a owners manual... just a FYI... someone might want to make a sticky with owners/service manual PDFs...

link is here click here

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm guessing that you're asking about the deck drive belt from the PTO.

Changing your belt should not be a big deal. Pull the pin out of the adjustable rod on the right hand side of the dash tower, remove the rod from the pivot and push the rod forward to increase the gap between the front rockshaft and the PTO.

Guide the new belt up through the opening (from the bottom), loop it around the PTO, then push the other end back to the center pulley on the deck. Once the lower end of the belt is close to the center pulley, loop the center of the belt around the mule pulleys, then start the belt on the deck center pulley and turn it, to finish "rolling" the belt on.

Reattach the adjustment rod and adjust the belt tension at the front of the mule.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Canvas cleaning.

Try: water/simple green(maybe a 'purple' cleaner....works better but is harsh)/ garden hose. If it's tough, a pressure washer.

Just make sure it's completely wet before spraying the cleaner on it!

You won't believe the crap that will come out of it!

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm guessing that you're asking about the deck drive belt from the PTO.

Changing your belt should not be a big deal. Pull the pin out of the adjustable rod on the right hand side of the dash tower, remove the rod from the pivot and push the rod forward to increase the gap between the front rockshaft and the PTO.
1. That's right... the pto belt.:thanku:

2. Is the adjustable rod about twice as thick as 'coathanger wire'? Mine is just loose dangling down... I was going to ask what that is for.:fing32:

·
Registered
507 Posts
On the right hand side of the tractor starter/generator side? It should connect (with a clevis pin) to the PTO release lever the other end should be connected to the PTO rockshaft lever (pushes/releases the center button on the PTO) and there should be a turnbuckle in between.

As seen here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=cub_cadet&mn=128&dn=0020000018

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the right hand side of the tractor starter/generator side? It should connect (with a clevis pin) to the PTO release lever the other end should be connected to the PTO rockshaft lever (pushes/releases the center button on the PTO) and there should be a turnbuckle in between.

As seen here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=cub_cadet&mn=128&dn=0020000018
I dare say it is! I'll have to get pictures of it and post.:trink39:

Just like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts