My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 128 and when operating the tractor while in gear you just have to barely touch the clutch and the tractor will stop in its tracks when I say barely I mean
just an inch engagement or so. It will NOT coast at all with the transmission in gear and the clutch pushed in and I don't mean all the way in just half way or so but when its out of gear it will coast and to stop the tractor you have to push the pedal all the way down to get the tractor to stop.
My question is is all the above normal? I had a 126 and don't remember it working like that.
I mean it seems like the transmission is binding or something but when the clutch all the way out it drives and pulls fine.

TM

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I would try backing off the brake adjustment. My 71 did that when I had the brake adjustment too tight. I had to back it out , like a fraction, don't take but 1/4 turn of the adjuster if that much. Hope this helps .

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that may be it but I can't figure out why it only does it when in gear and when its out of gear you have to push the pedal almost to the footrest to stop it.
It almost feels like my 149 Hydro when you press the pedal and it returns to neutral.

TM

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I fixed it although I'm not sure what was wrong.
Something was stuck at the front of the spring on the driveshaft
either the throwout bearing or pressure plate.I sprayed some PB Blaster in that general area worked the clutch pedal a few times heard a popping sound and now it will coast fine with the clutch pedal pushed about half way down when in gear. I tried the brake adjustment but that wasn't it.

TM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts