My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys bear with me if this should be common knowledge, I spend all of my time over in the case/ingersoll forum. I saw a 126 for sale with a plow and mower deck, says to be in really good shape (I take that means cosmetic and running wise), but I haven't seen it yet in person. Asking price is 600 if I remember right. Is this price in the ballpark if this thing is in good shape? Is this a good snow plowing tractor or should I be looking for a different model if it needs to be plowing? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It would be fine to plow snow with. It's probably a pretty fair price it its in good shape. I've seen them cheaper and some listed for $800+. You definitely could find a project much cheaper but you may have way more than $600 into it by the time you are done. On the other hand I've seen some people luck into really nice condition cubs for less than half of that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Creeper gear is a nice option to have on a manual trans.

Here's what to look for, the lever on the trans tunnel. This is my 122

click for bigger pic

Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information guys, I'm going to see if I can take a look at it this week and probably base my decision to buy in on what condition it's in. I'll check back in after I take a look at it and maybe get a few pictures.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
It all comes down to supply and demand. I say it all the time, but here in CT., a nice machine....one that doesn't need a ton of work, and has all the paint still on it will go for $600-$1000. I browse CL for all the CT,mass, and NY subregions, and asking prices are scary. But they still sell!
As was said, if you want a manual trans for pushing snow, creeper makes a big difference.
If it needs no tlc....paints nice, and it's a turn key with good tires....it's well worth $600.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
tractor: 200
plow: 100
deck: 100

400-600 seems to be the going rate for useable ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts