My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my first cub cadet. it starts right up, and even cuts pretty good. the only problem is than it doesnt want to climb hills very well. seems to just run out of power. is there something i can check, or adjust to help this.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
(A) Check to make sure that the Hydro Fluid is at proper level.
(B) If so, then it may be time for a Oil & Filter change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. i will check
fluid level. guess i should have thought
of that.:thanku:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
So, the engine runs fine, but you lose speed/power on hills? Do you just have to be real heavy into the lever to get it to go? Will it pull things on a flat surface (that is, is the incline the problem or overcoming resistance at all the problem?)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it seems like it is in too high of a gear. if that makes sense. on a hill i have to "use more lever" to go up the hill. it just doesnt seem to have enough low end power. even on a level surface, it runs well at about half lever. when i go to full lever, it acts like a car going from low gear to fourth gear. on a long hill, it will just run out of power and die.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did take the plug out and check the
fluid level. it is about 3" down from the
plug. what do i use for fluid.

·
Registered
507 Posts
dont mean to sound stupid, but.....huh?

There is a box on the lower right part of the D/L page. You have to answer a question---to make sure you are a real person, and not a robot. In my case, the question was , " What color is a Cub Cadet ? hint it begins with a "Y"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RBedell, thanks. that worked. i kept getting an
error message when i tried to download from
the other link. man, this will sure help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts