My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're picking up a '102 to restore and mow with. In looking at it I noticed the grill is odd--instead of headlights, there is an hourmeter mounted in the left-side hole, and the right-side has never been cut out for a light. It definitely looks like a factory job.

Were the '102s available this way, and why? Fleet service (landscaping business) configuration? Thanks--

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I think the only fleet service cub I saw was a while back a guy had a 147 on ebay that had been used by an airline to pull baggage cars to and from the plane. It was painted airlines colors (pan-am???) He wanted a fortune for it too...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
don't think cub would put an allis chamlers tach on. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like it! A little tough to keep track of hours from the seat, but hey.

·
Registered
48 Posts
just gotta hope it dosent slip into gear while yer checkin it....lol.. ever seen the movie Christine????

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, upon closer inspection the hours-meter looks like an add-on.

Just picked it up--going to be a fun project.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I like it! A little tough to keep track of hours from the seat, but hey.
you mean you don't lean out over the hood while your mowing?

·
TE Writer!
1,732 Posts
Your 102 looks to be in good shape, compared to when i got mine. Can't wait to see some progress pics during the rebuild. What options did it come with? rear PTO? BTW i see yours still has the fender reflectors. very hard to find and worth some $$$ on E-bay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, it's the no-frills model. No rear PTO or creeper gear, although it has the cutouts for the creeper shift lever and vent.

It's mostly intact, but in pretty rough shape--came from a local farm. Engine has somewhat low compression and haven't been able to get it to pop on starting fluid, although it has good spark. Definitely going to need clutch work as well.

We're probably going to keep it tarped while we work on my son's '127.

·
TE Writer!
1,732 Posts
On my 102 (my avatar) i have the rear PTO and creeper gear, rear PTO is pointless without attachments thou. hard to find.

·
Registered
86 Posts
for anyone wondering this cub cadet is now up and running. Right know we are working on putting in a creeper gear. This tractor is my brothers tractor here is a video I took of it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts