My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All...I've inherited a Cub Cadet 100 from my father. Am trying to get some ballpark price on what it is worth. It does not currently have a battery and hasn't been run for several years. Until very recently however it has been kept in a machine shed...so protected. Body is in good shape and has loader and "tines" attachment. Any guidance you could provide regarding it's worth or other websites I might be able to find such information would be helpful. It's location is in Southern Illinois.

kim

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Actualy the loader, if in good shape can fetch over $1000 when the market is up. The tractor if in good shape and running can fetch 500-650 depending if it has other options like lights, rear lift hitch(sleeve hitch), fenders ect. Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thankyou...according to a cousin of mine who was a bit better acquainted with my dad's "schedule" of keeping it up...it probably could be in running condition without much work. That said, it does not have a battery and has not actually been run in quite some time.

We had a guy look at it the other day who offered 400$? That sounds low given what you all are saying. He was concerned the loader might not be Cadet but Sears. The tag was painted over so he couldn't tell for sure. (He was saying the loader which is yellow...typically is a white). Any way I could verify for sure if it was the original if I can't read the tag? Kim

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
Can you post a picture of it? Someone surely on here will be able to tell who made from a picture.

As far as it being a sears or cub loader some people will car and others won't care. For me personally if it works then who cares if it's one or the other. Depends really if the guy is collecting or using.

T.C.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Kwik-way loaders where sold by Sears. Danco where white. I have a Kwik-way on my 149 and has a Sears tag on it. If you can get the tractor to run that will be a big plus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All--it's taken a lot longer than expected but I have pictures of the cub cadet. Model is C210L and Serial A42717. We've been offered 500$ for the cadet and attachments together. Any information you can give me on the reasonableness of the offer or on whether the attachments are original or later added would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I would recommend you invest the time and a few dollars in getting it running. Were it running, $500 would be entirely too low of an offer. A functional tractor with loader would be worth $1250-$1500 minimum.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'd say 1250 as is and be firm , not that many around and looks in good shape. get it maintained and stand on your price . you'll get it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree. The loader with manure fork is worth at least 750 to 1000. Rear fenderes if straight 200. Tractor running 300. So 1250 to 1500.00!! I paid 1300 for a 100 without fenders and kwick way loader a couple years ago. It was running .
Good luck!!

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Just waiting on Farmers Daughter to get back with me on a time & place to pick it up. Apparently the sister works and has to schedule a time convienient to her for me picking it up.

Will post more info. & photos when we get together. Am parting the Power King with the bad transmission on ebay starting tonight or tomorrow, should help finance this replacement. I have a couple of narrow frames this FEL would work on if the 100 isn't up to snuff. Don't care if it is original as long as it works and can haul & pull small engines.
Save my neck & back. (Gin Poles are cheap, but I need to reverse the steering position, man wasn't made to go backwards)

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,387 Posts
Glad to hear it's going to a good home, ABC. Get us some more pics when you get it home!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Good luck getting it ABC. look forward to seeing pictures.

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Just waiting on Farmers Daughter to get back with me on a time & place to pick it up. Apparently the sister works and has to schedule a time convienient to her for me picking it up.

Will post more info. & photos when we get together. Am parting the Power King with the bad transmission on ebay starting tonight or tomorrow, should help finance this replacement. I have a couple of narrow frames this FEL would work on if the 100 isn't up to snuff. Don't care if it is original as long as it works and can haul & pull small engines.
Save my neck & back. (Gin Poles are cheap, but I need to reverse the steering position, man wasn't made to go backwards)
I just bought a snowblower off a Cub collector/restorer. He had an original Kwikway loader on a narrow frame 105 (10 hp hydro). He swapped in a wide frame front axle so he had some beefier spindles up front. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts