My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Cub Cadet 100 and i have been having a problem with the throttle. The tractor will run at low throttle pretty good but as soon as i try to bring it up to high throttle the engine dies. Ive gone through the carb really well and i installed a carb rebuild kit. it gets a healthy spark and the points are adjusted correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
welcome to the forum aron!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I recently purchased a Cub Cadet 100 and i have been having a problem with the throttle. The tractor will run at low throttle pretty good but as soon as i try to bring it up to high throttle the engine dies. Ive gone through the carb really well and i installed a carb rebuild kit. it gets a healthy spark and the points are adjusted correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Cuppla simple things to check - soft/collapsing fuel lines, fuel filter partially plugged, bad spark plug/gap, carb load circuit still stopped up (clean all passageways with tag wire).

M/W, welcome to the forum... post back if still problems.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try checking the holes in the high speed mixture screw, not only do the holes need to be clean straight through, the inside of the needle between the sets of holes needs to clean as well.

If the bore for the throttle shaft is worn badly you will NOT be able to get it to run right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts