My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a new thread since I'm the new owner and it's new to me.

Cleaned out the carb when I got back from the auction today. Replaced the bent mixture needle and dumped the sediment bowl goop and added a filter after the bowl, Cleaned the points, replaced the points to coil wire and fired it up.
Adjusted the jets and it purrs like a kitten. Never did so much as hint of smoke. Took it for a spin and then degreased it somewhat. Tried it out on my economy tractor frame and it seems to have enough lifting power to get you into trouble.
Went over and picked up the 20hp Onan I scored at the auction for $60.00..and put it in my shop. Then I went to pick up the back end of the 316 I bought and figured out I needed rear ballast to be doing that. Picked it up fine, but the back end was so light the ags just spun in the gravel.

I'm very happy with it. I like it fine as it is. Sure it has a few rough edges, but it works and works well. The tires are all good, it steers fine, shifts fine and the clutch/ brake seems to be adjusted well.
Did try out the creeper gear, first one I ever used. I can see that it is well named. Probably won't be using that or the sleeve hitch, but it's nice to have them.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The photo under hood shows the pretty big fluid resevoir..always wondered where it was on these.
It sat for around 20 years according to the lady who sold it to me. (Very nice people.) There was a thick black coating on all the flat surfaces from being in the shop all that time. Thank goodness it was inside!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great cub! and thank you for sharing the pics.

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
Nice score, looks like an awesome unit. I'll get in the club one day.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Congratulations. You done good.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gongrats on the loader. It will come in handy. Yes you'll need alot of weight back there to pick anything heavy. I have about 600 on the back of a 149 with dual wheels and it still not enough weight. But for light stuff it works great. By the way be careful with the creeper gear. It's not that strong. It was made only for low speeds like tilling and snow throwing. Here's a picture of my Sears/Kwik-way 149 loader.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Sweet setup. slkpk

·
16,490 Posts
That is a nice looking ol' workhorse!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts