My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice Cub 45 inch 2 stage blower I would be willing to trade for a very nice SB model snowcaster to fit an Ingersoll 3018. The Cub blower fits mid 90's Cub garden tractors.

Mine is worth more, so you do the driving.

Coloma, MI ...SW Michigan

[email protected]

Attachments

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that's dependant on a specific group of people. I guarantee most people here value their Ingersoll casters over a Cub blower. Trying to trade Cub parts and make demands in a Case forum is the same as hocking Suzuki parts in a Harley forum. Yes, there may be those interested in what you have... But there aren't going to be many relative to a venue catering to what you have.

Also, if you want to increase the chances of actually getting what you want I'd recommend being more specific than "mid 90's Cub garden tractor snow blower".

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I have to wonder why you think that blower is worth substantially more than a SB-48?

What do you think your blower would fetch on e-Bay?

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
If I had to guess, it looks like it would work on 2000 series LT and GT's... I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In answer, I did not mean any offense, in any way. I have seen good SB's going for $300-450 before. I sold my other Cub 551 blower last year, in nearly identical shape, for $750. I considered this worth more than an SB because of that, and because it is a 2 stage. As to models it fits...it came off a Cub 1641, and I know it will fit the 1861-1864 models with hydraulic lift...and may fit others. Except for the little paint peel on the bottom, with no pitting, it is in very nice shape. Blower model is 551...the big one.

I love Case/ Ingersoll's, having owned them for 36 years, and own a 3018 now. Certainly did not mean any disrespect. But, these models of Cubs are good tractors, too, and that blower does an awesome job. Because of storage needs this fall, either the Cub outfit or Ingersoll need to go. I decided to keep the Ingersoll, if that tells you anything about my affection for this line of tractors.

I apologize for my wording...best I can do.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I know that you are a long-time owner of Case and Ingersoll tractors because you were on GW when I first joined there. I didn't take your post as being disrespectful. I have zero knowledge as to what Cub items normally bring. There's no question that your blower is in mint condition and well worth top dollar.

If you saw SB's selling for less than $500.00, then you saw a bargain, IMO. Letter blowers are bringing $350.00 to $450.00 easily, depending upon condition etc. Used SB's are much tougher to find and therefore they often command a much higher price.

The debate between single and two stage blowers is something that will continue to rage on but Case/Ingersoll owners, as well as Deere owners rarely complain about the snow-clearing abilities of their single-stage units. Case began with a 2-stage in 1965 and then dropped it a year later and has never looked back since. One can only imagine how many happy owners there have been with the Case and Ingersoll snowcasters over the past 44 years.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts