My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hay yah its me, sorry you didnt get the snow we got just 30 or 40 miles north of you.

yah it was froze up solid. as soon as the snow starts to go away, the 582 is coming in for all new paint job and gaskets.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: Cub 582 Snow Removeal

Hey 4speed! All of us Cub Guys will hang out on any number of sites but MTF has a huge following. Take a look at what I emailed you.

Weaverama

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I've never seen that. How did that much water get in there?

Do you have a spring assist on the lift?
I have no clue how it gets in there. it was like this last year.

the boot on the shifter looks fine, but will change it too when I do the gaskets. and the rear end doesnt leak .
I found a creeper unit for it. so I'll check it out good when that go's on.

no spring. I just back up and lift. it not to bad , wouldnt want to do it all day.

im looking for a 3 point hitch and spring assist for it now. if ya'll see one let me know.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Heh, when you said "frozen" diff, I thought you meant some kind of hydraulic lock or gear stripping or something. Didn't realize you meant it quite so literally :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
new parts are showing up. me and the UPS guy (Dan) are on a first name thing now. :trink39:

I got the hitch parts last week. the creeper the other day. the correct lift bar for the 582 / 682 and a spring assist . 2 weeks ago I got a Brinly plow. and Friday I go pick up a #1 tiller. I also found a wagon needing tires, but getting the tiller first.
I also cut out some more wheel weights out of 1/2" plate. I now have 95ish lbs in each wheel.

pics of the tiller will be comming soon :trink39:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.