My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I dont post much. But I'm always on here doing alot of reading.

Here are some Pics I took today of the 3185 I restored last winter.
I replaced alot of bearings and bushings, belts. Painted it. new headlight assembly. New Battery, rear tires. the list goes on.

Anyway I never showed any Pics of it.
I really love the machine but I found a good deal on a used Ventrac.
So I put this in the for sale section.

I also have a Johnny bucket SR. I purchased this spring.

My son and I have just started our winter project.
restoring an old Sears Custom6. tough little machines.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Make sure to post come progress pics of the little Custom over in the Craftsman/Sears forum. As you say, tough little buggers.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Nice work on it and good luck with the next project. slkpk

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Looks awesome - and I saw your for sale ad - I'd love to be able to afford that machine!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow! That's beautiful! And beautiful work!

I like what you've done with the colors.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

·
Farm Show
5,382 Posts
Nice work! Heck of a machine!:fing32:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys,
Well my other machine will be here in about a week.

I was wondering if you guys think I'm asking too much.
I havent gotten any interest locally or on the net.
Was asking $3,700 but now dropped the price to $3,200.
I dont want to go much lower or I'll just keep it as a backup machine.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Thanks Guys,

If I were in the market, it would be on my trailer at $3,200.

You are not asking too much, but you are asking for it at the wrong time of year. There's this thing called Christmas that just sucked most peoples pockets dry. Come spring, there will be more interest.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks Guys,

Sound reasonable to me. Unless the hours on that engine are really high, that's a $2500-$3000 tractor in the condition it's in. With the hitch and snowblower, that's more like $3500-$4000. If you're not in a hurry to get rid of it, wait for a better price.

Put it on Craigslist in about two weeks, before the late January/February blizzards and see if you get some motivated buyers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it does have around 1200hrs. But when I did the Resoration I didnt touch the engine because it sounds so good. No smoke (only on start up with choke) sounds, good, runs great. I just changed the oil and filter and air filter. also replaced all the gas lines at the carb and back to the tank.

I just need to be patient. But I really am considering keeping it. because when I figure on purchasing a used Ventrac snowblower for the V 3000 its going to be the same price as what I'm selling the 3185 with deck and blower.
And after I just typed that it really makes me think I should keep it. I would have a back up mower in summer and large snowblower for winter. I do have the room for it.

What do youguys think????

·
Registered
311 Posts
Keep it. The 1200 hours is not a lot if it was well maintained. That setup gives you a serious snow moving machine and once it's gone you'll miss it. It would cost someone 7 grand new to get a rugged tractor/mower/blower with that capability.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I also think that if you can afford it (monetarily and space-wise) you should keep it. It's always nice to have a backup machine, and one of that caliber is an added bonus :) Of course, the Ventrac is no slouch either. How much do you enjoy using the Cub?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, The Cub is great. I just find myself needing something with four wheel or all wheel drive. But a subcompact tractor is too big. I think the Ventrac will fit my uses better.

Like you said bad time of the year. I'll wait, and until then I might just decide to keep the Cub.

I think when we do get a large snowfall I'll snowblow both driveways and park it by the road. I think once people see what it can do, I might have some interest.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.