My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the FB Cub 3000 group. There was some discussion on making 3000 series hydraulic lines. Someone said a good hydraulic shop could make them and I asked him if they had a source for forming the proprietary ends MTD used on the 3000s.

He said these guys can form the ends. I haven't verified that but it looks like they do a lot of custom hydraulic fab/swaging work.

Head Human body Rectangle Font Art

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,170 Posts
If there's clearance around where the lines go, if a (effectively) custom end is affordable, maybe consider a custom fitting instead, with one end being the propriety thingamabob, and the other end being a standard connection, so you just install the custom fitting once, and then you use a hydraulic hose with a standard fitting on the end.

·
Super Moderator
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there's clearance around where the lines go, if a (effectively) custom end is affordable, maybe consider a custom fitting instead, with one end being the propriety thingamabob, and the other end being a standard connection, so you just install the custom fitting once, and then you use a hydraulic hose with a standard fitting on the end.
It's tighter than Dick's hatband in there. I had thought of using the 8" long deck lift cylinder hoses before and adapting the o-ring boss fittings but ended up cutting the proprietary fittings out and having my hydraulic shop crimp them in hoses for me.

This option is nice if they can do it because you could order complete hoses and have them shipped to you.

Ratchet Tool Auto part Nickel Metal
Auto part Font Gas Metal Household hardware

·
Super Moderator
12,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone made some by modifying a fuel line crimper on the FB 3000 group. I gave up on that idea due to the tight quarters involved.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I did take a semester of drafting in high school then known as "Industrial Arts". Looking at the drawing again, the hardest part is thinking about the sequence of cuts. I have a chunk of ground rod, .50" copper, so 1/4"NPT first, then holding it securely without damaging those threads while I make the other cuts.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.