My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know is a snow blower attachment from a 1978 1450 will fit my 1710? I believe both tractors are wide frames. If anyone has some general knowledge of a 1710, I would like to talk to you. Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Well.........according to the attachment guide...NO

BUT.....the 1710 is a newer version of the IH model 682. Two slight modifications are needed.

(A) You will have to change the Snowthrower Drive pulley to accommodate the 5/8" belt.
(B) You may have to change the upper mounting links as seen on a QA42B snowthrower.

Other than those two items..........it will work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After comparing measurments from the snowthrower on the 1450 and the mounting tabs on my 1710, there seems to be a difference of almost 2 1/2"...any thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
After comparing measurments from the snowthrower on the 1450 and the mounting tabs on my 1710, there seems to be a difference of almost 2 1/2"...any thoughts?
keep looking for the correct snowblower. try the PA craigslist there seems to be alot of Cub sales there. I would put the deck back on the tractor and make sure the pto is in good working condition also. I have your fluid here rob, and the store right by me has your filters and gaskets.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts