My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding the lower end of my transaxle. While I have it apart, I am changing the fluid and filter in the hydro pump. I contacted cub cadet support and ask about the fluid. Here is their answer. (Normally replacing fluid is not necessary unless the drive system is damaged, leaking or in need of other internal service. Hydro-Gear® factory uses 10W-40 motor oil during assembly, but also approves the use of 20W50 oil when servicing the hydrostatic system and this oil needs to be replaced.)
Would you recommend a synthetic oil and if so what? Thanks for your help.

w

·
Registered
179 Posts
Greetings 93 ragtop !
If it were mine I would use the Amsoil ATH Transmssion/hydraulic oil. I have changed hydro oil in many tuff torque Hydrostats over the years with excellent results, I also run it in my John Deere 70 Skid loader hydraulic system. I also have customers using it in the 400 plus horsepower 9520 John Deere track type tractors performing beautifully.
You could use Amsoil 10W40 or 20W50 motor oil, I don't believe you will gain much over the ATH , as it is engineered for hydraulic/hydrostatic systems.
Amsoil ATH will drop operating temperatures 20 to 50 Deg. F versus petro hydraulic oil, it also reduces wear and maintains viscosity long after petro oil has given it up.
Please contact me if you would like to purchase Amsoil wholesale which saves you 25% off the retail price, I would be happy to set up an account for you !
Have a great day !
Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts