My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
When you say "bad", exactly how bad are we talking? Like fogging for mosqitoes "bad" or just smokes some when warmed up "bad"? What color is the smoke (bluish or whitish)?

The k241 on my 108 smokes white out the breather when it's warmed up some, but doesn't lose power/bog down; my bore is a little worn and will have to be rebuilt some time in the future. I'd say if yours just smokes, but doesn't seem to have too many more problems like power loss or running rough, etc, to just leave it until it gets bad enough where it's affecting performance; don't forget, we're dealing with 40 year old engines here.

If she's really laying down some thick clouds, then it might be time for a rebuild. The good thing is, if you do wind up rebuilding, that engine will probably last another 40+ years with proper care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 127 smokes on start up and gets worse as i mow .Its blue and only smokes out of the breather very heavily.Oil runs down the cover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd say u have some serious blow by time for atleast some rings probably better to to a complete rebuild.......

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
I'd say u have some serious blow by time for atleast some rings probably better to to a complete rebuild.......
I'd say go for a rebuild. Slapping new rings in it won't do much, especially if it's worn out that much. If anything, the rings will be a temporary band-aid at best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts