My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have both a JD X360 and a Ford 145. I own 10 acres, 5 of which has been planted with 4000 saplings and is now overgrown with argricultural weeds. it was previously plowed land, so it is very uneven. I was thinking a front mounted cutter would work really well - but where would I get one from? Both machines have PTOs of course.

My thoughts revolved around making a cutter from a couple of rotary push moweres, mounted next to each other with a pully and an appropriately sized belt.

Do you guys have any sugestions?

Regards, Richard

·
Registered
301 Posts
someone on here mentioned using an old lawn mower deck and building a mount and putting a 10 horse briggs on it, i dont see why you couldnt do the same and make it front mount

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Get a deck with a good spindel and put swinging blades on it and 4 wheels mount on front and run it off of a belt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
now, a really stoopid question, swinging blades? Is that rather than rotating they swing through, say, 120 degrees, cutting on both sides? I saw for sale a double sided scythe base for cutting brush - would that work?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I believe when he said swing blades, it would be like a rotory bush hog mower that has the ends that can pivot back when they hit something tuffer than weeds. Well that is the theory anyways.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wouldn't want to be on the back side of the cutter when part of a stump or rock gets thrown out the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts