My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

wondering if someone can help out Craftsmen model # 944.604250 6 SPEED now the transaxle has packed it in DOH now i have all the parts books etc and I know that
the transaxle is a DANA SPICER 4360-83 wondering if anyone knows if its the same as something else or do I have to stick with the 4360-83 ??

i do run a bercomac 40 inch snow blower on it and it works fantastic but the transaxle has packed it in

i found some notes online see below

can anyone help with that as well does anyone have a complete used one to go that they have or know of someone selling ? is there rebuild kit avail ? found some parts on Ebay that will work but thought id ask the experts here

Is the note below telling us that you can use any 4360-122 and higher up to 4360-180 ??

Item# FT-4360-83
DANA/FOOTE/SPICER TRANSMISION PART 436083/4360-83

REPLACED BY: 4360-122 > 4360-180 - TRANSAXLE,LINEAR SHIFT - N/L/A

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
LOL. I have an 917 ipl labelled 944.604250 with note saying it's the same as my lt4000. I'm using it with a blade since my mtd with blower attachment keeps breaking the auger belt. Mine shifts along the side. I have a couple of Craftsman II but they shift in front of seat. Unfortunately they are sort of locked in for winter so can't really check models against any ipl I might have. computer says one might have a4360-78 on it and ipl shows part numbers for all the internals? Any chance that you are close to ottawa?
edit :my ipl say 78 and 83 have same upper and lower housing . Is that a good start?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello 38racing ty for some info i'm not near ottawa completely opposite of Canada in Prince George but my work has a branch in ottawa so if u had one i would purchase it from you

now with all that said mine does shift and have the lever to the right of where u sit ive used my bercomac snowblow on it for 2 years now so all was good until the transaxle blew up lol

so you think that a LT4000 transaxle is pretty much the same ? or will work on mine ?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I printed off the ipl for a 78 and 83 to compare parts but had no time to look except for housings. How be I upload both manuals to a site that you can download from. Our minister has a daughter living in prince george. If you come across a lady with no vowel in her last name that might be her lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would be great 38 racing it snowed 10inches last night so I sure miss my ride on snowblower lol well there are 78K people here so if i do come accross lady with no name lol ill be sure to ask it would be nice to see if another style or model of transaxle would work in repleacment i see on ebay that there are lots

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I found an EX dealer of these transaxles and here is the cross up from what im asking for 4360-83 crosses too 4360-112 then that crosses too 4360-180

so if anyone may have either of these dana spicer transaxles then let me know please n ty

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
how did you make out. I was tidying up and found the ipls that I printed for 78 and 83. 78 is 5 speed and 83 is 6 speed. Lots of common parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts