My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have an old Craftsman LT4000 lawn tractor (13.5HP Briggs with a 42" deck) and am unable to find either parts or a manual when searching online because apparently my model number (944 607 034) does not exists.... even according to this very comprehensive listing over every single tractor model number TractorData.com - Craftsman lawn tractors sorted by model it seems like there wasn't ever a 944 series, which is impossible because I own one.

I've added in a picture of the model number sticker under the seat, and I am adding in a picture of the tractor so you can see it exists.

So what I am wondering is:

1. Is my sticker with model 944 607 034 indeed real or did someone grab it from another (very different looking) tractor and stick it on this one?
2. If this is looking legit then what do I do for parts and a manual when every site cannot find results for a search on model number 944 607 034 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
I found a site that states the 944 series are AYP tractors manufactured in Canada.

You're right about the apparently non-existent model #. I wonder why the serial # is scratched out?

·
Registered
383 Posts
It looks very similar to a 917.257573 that I refurbed recently. Except mine had a 5 sp Dana Spicer 4360-79. Same center shifter. See if you find a model# on the tranny. My engine was a 28N707-0121-01.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm wrong - mine was a 6 sp, too.
IMG_20200520_162132438.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a site that states the 944 series are AYP tractors manufactured in Canada.

You're right about the apparently non-existent model #. I wonder why the serial # is scratched out?
Hi - I'm the site owner for the Canadian Craftsman blog on drmower.ca and unfortunately I don't have a parts breakdown for this particular model. My model listing jumps from 944.607031 to 944.607040. But do keep in mind that Sears Canada used to drop the last digit in their manual listings, so there are usually negligible differences and they would have been treated as the 944.607030 series. In any event, even when we can't provide a specific manual, we can usually figure out most common unit parts through a combination of photos, measurements, engine / transaxle model numbers, sometimes even numbers stamped directly into parts. I'm always happy to help and any manual I've posted is a free download. Char

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Thanks for your reply, Char. I’m afraid the OP has gone without a reply to anyone. 😌

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for your reply, Char. I’m afraid the OP has gone without a reply to anyone. 😌
No worries - hope he got what he needed. I always keep an eye out for C459 and 944 Canadian Craftsman posts as that's the area in which we specialize, so maybe it will help someone in future!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hi - I'm the site owner for the Canadian Craftsman blog on drmower.ca and unfortunately I don't have a parts breakdown for this particular model. My model listing jumps from 944.607031 to 944.607040. But do keep in mind that Sears Canada used to drop the last digit in their manual listings, so there are usually negligible differences and they would have been treated as the 944.607030 series. In any event, even when we can't provide a specific manual, we can usually figure out most common unit parts through a combination of photos, measurements, engine / transaxle model numbers, sometimes even numbers stamped directly into parts. I'm always happy to help and any manual I've posted is a free download. Char
my son in law's father just gave me his 944.365452 including manual. I see the blog has manual for 944.365451. looks the same. Is the DOM part of the serial number? I remember when he bought it. I got his old sears with very rusted out deck. I guessing it was just after 2006 , year they married. What a shame. Deck on this one totally rusted out in almost a complete semi circle in the front. He says he'd cleaned it and it was stored in a shed. Wasn't cheap. Self propelled with Honda 5.5. With sears gone no chance of getting the deck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi - I have a manual for 944.365452 that I'll post on the website as a free download - search www.drmower.ca for that model number. I checked out the deck and it is no longer available from our Canadian distributors - part number is 196088 and you never know - someone may have some old stock. I always recommend checking around with your local dealers and looking at used places/pick-n-pulls, that kind of thing. In the manuals I have, this deck was only on 3 models: 944.365450, 944.365451, 944.365452.
The DOM is usually found in the serial number - usually listed as MMDDYY, with 0 or 00 in front.

Hope that helps! Char
my son in law's father just gave me his 944.365452 including manual. I see the blog has manual for 944.365451. looks the same. Is the DOM part of the serial number? I remember when he bought it. I got his old sears with very rusted out deck. I guessing it was just after 2006 , year they married. What a shame. Deck on this one totally rusted out in almost a complete semi circle in the front. He says he'd cleaned it and it was stored in a shed. Wasn't cheap. Self propelled with Honda 5.5. With sears gone no chance of getting the deck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts