My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

I normally work on mowers, trimmers, saws, and such do not work on riding mowers Tractors.

A client dropped it off and asked if i could figure it out..

He is saying it is not moving. All I have done so far is just push it in the garage.

Then I saw the rod in the picture, just laying there..

Anyone know how that rod should be?

Thanks in Advance..

Attachments

·
Addicted To Tractors
194 Posts
looks like the hydro disconnect

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must be missing something.. which is possible!! lol!!

ok the spring on the end is attached to what looks like belt guard solid metal no movement..

Refer to pic, upper right..

Thanks so much guys

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
It also looks like the hydro disconnect to me. If im correct, there should be a plate in the back thier(shuldnt just be able to see the trany) and in that plate is a slot that the rod goes in. It might be in (push mode) cousing it to not go. I could be wrong, but its the best i could do judging by the pic.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
My guess is that you pull it to disengage the hydro, push it to engage. the bracket that the spring is connected to should move back and forth. If it doesn't, put some penetrating oil on it to loosen it up. The other end of the rod just sticks out the rear hitch plate so that you can grab and pull it.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess is that you pull it to disengage the hydro, push it to engage. the bracket that the spring is connected to should move back and forth. If it doesn't, put some penetrating oil on it to loosen it up. The other end of the rod just sticks out the rear hitch plate so that you can grab and pull it.

GOT IT GOING!!!! The bracket was almost frozen, cleared out all the dirt and crap away from the bracket ( Nice Design!! ) lots of Pen. Oil and moving back and forth and it now works, i have not hooked up teh spring and rod yet, need to work the rod more to free it up, don't think that spring is going to have enough to pull the bracket yet..

Tested it on a few passes of what i could do on my hilly lawn, then drove around the block.. Should of had a beer in my hand and one in the cup holder!! LOL!!

Thanks guys..

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Glad you get it up and going:thThumbsU Now you can add tractors to the list of stuff you work on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you get it up and going:thThumbsU Now you can add tractors to the list of stuff you work on.
Nice chatting with you yesterday.. thanks for calling.

Once i cleaned off the top of the rear, it worked great!!

The spring was a little stretched, I used a few tie straps to snug it up until i can get new a one for him..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts