My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I usually hangout in the Snapper forum but recently I have acquired a Craftsman II #502.255752 with the rear discharge deck. I know that it was made by MURRAY for SEARS. My question to you guys is. Is there another style of deck that can be mounted under this mower? The current deck is a 40" twin blade affair that has the "@#$%^" $$$$ crossdrive cog belt that has gone bad again. When this belt goes it usually takes the $$$ blades with it since the blades are timed by the cog belt.. Aside from the expense of replacement parts the parts are somewhat hard to come by. Sears parts direct currently has them but I could buy another used riding mower for the prices they want. This is why I am asking about another deck that would work under this Craftsman II. This is to good of a heavy duty mower to take to the scrapper. Everything works except for the worn out cog belt & blades. Paint is original and in fair condition there is very minimal rust. Mower has been stored inside all of its life. Thanks in advanced for any ideas or info.

LATER

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
Have you tried calling Sears Parts and asking them if they have any replacement decks? They might be able to tell you all of the part numbers for any and all replacement decks made for your model.

Some people are talented enough to retrofit a mower deck from another mower onto another mower it wasn't specifucally designed to work on.

Another option is to find another one on CL or Google like the following and simply use the deck off of the other one.

http://allentown-pa.americanlisted....sman-lawn-tractor-80-slatington_21795007.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts