My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was with a friend today who is buying a new house.The owners are leaving a Craftsman tractor with the property as they are downsizing. They explained that it ran fine bu they were unable to use it to cut the yard due to the fact that the mower deck would not lift. I did not get a very close look at the machine but according to the decals, it had a 42" deck with a 15 HP Kohler engine and the body was green in color. I know when he closes the end of September we will have more info on the unit but wondered if it rings a bell with anyone here.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Sounds like a LT1000 very very common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I only saw it from the side so did not get a look at the headlights. They have the garage pretty full of stuff for the move but that does look like it.

Now does anyone know of any common deck lift problems with these? The owner is pretty bad with Alzhiemers and can't be of much help. This will all be easier after the closing but am hoping to dive into the problem fore warned about any typical problems.

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts
Well I only saw it from the side so did not get a look at the headlights. They have the garage pretty full of stuff for the move but that does look like it.

Now does anyone know of any common deck lift problems with these? The owner is pretty bad with Alzhiemers and can't be of much help. This will all be easier after the closing but am hoping to dive into the problem fore warned about any typical problems.
He may have a broken lift arm (they have 2)...That is a LT1000..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup that looks like it Ken. Thanks. Guess I need to wait for the unit to get uncovered to search for parts by the xxx.xxxxx model number due to the many many LT1000's out there.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Question asked at 2:09 p.m.

Tractor identified visually at 2:29 p.m.

20 minutes.

MTF Rules.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was with a friend today . . .
I assume from your ID that you are an amateur radio operator and, I'd guess, you are Phil. Welcome to MTF :MTF_wel2: and 73!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup sure am Jerry, as is the friend with the new house and LT1000.

:thanku: for the welcome
Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts