My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Craftsman Mower Authority
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He wasn't in the 2010 sales brochure, but I noticed him on the site a couple days ago. Sears hit another new milestone when they introduced their new Craftsman Professional Premium 30hp 54-in. garden tractor.

Here's the site picture of the new flagship...now I know what to ask Santa for this year!

-Matt

·
Craftsman Mower Authority
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's currently on sale for $5,975.99. Regular price is $7,459.99

FWIW,

-Matt

·
Registered
364 Posts
Who needs 30hp? I have a Kubota w/17hp Kohler and it cuts my grass?

If I was looking for a new lawn tractor a Craftsman/Simplicity would be the last thing I'd want. If your going to spend $5-7,000 on a tractor buy something GOOD.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dang...

that seems to be like a 3000.00 premium over the previous model high sale price.

If I was looking for a new lawn tractor a Craftsman/Simplicity would be the last thing I'd want. If your going to spend $5-7,000 on a tractor buy something GOOD.
geezz... yup... if i were to invest on upwards of 7K.... i'd be going after a JD X500 series..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Dang...

that seems to be like a 3000.00 premium over the previous model high sale price.

geezz... yup... if i were to invest on upwards of 7K.... i'd be going after a JD X500 series..
I'd agree, if the only real difference is the engine size it does seem a tad high. I'd hafta look at the full specs,.......that said for that kind of green I'd probably own something besides a craftsman!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Geez, an extra 3 grand for 2 more HP, a locking rear diff, power steering, that crappy electric deck lift, and a DC outlet,..........I probably missed some features, but those are the highlights..........No thanks.....I've broken too many Craftsman's to pay that!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
seems a little much- and the nose is ugly. I like this (or last?) years professionals better

·
Registered
517 Posts
If Craftsman/Sears really wants to get into the 'real GT' market with a splash, how about they man up and offer a retrofit brace for the frames on their last 'real GT's'?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
If Craftsman/Sears really wants to get into the 'real GT' market with a splash, how about they man up and offer a retrofit brace for the frames on their last 'real GT's'?
If they want to get BACK into the REAL GT market, all they have to do is start makeing Suburbans again. A 12 hp Suburban will outwork any modern tractor with a 20 or30 Hp.. If that stamped out tractor is $7000, I wonder what it would cost to make a new Suburban? Ed

·
Registered
758 Posts
Geez, an extra 3 grand for 2 more HP, a locking rear diff, power steering, that crappy electric deck lift, and a DC outlet,..........I probably missed some features, but those are the highlights..........No thanks.....I've broken too many Craftsman's to pay that!
I agree completely on the worthless 2 HP. I'd be more impressed with a 24 HP Vanguard

Based on the thread in backyard...
Locking diff, worth $500. On a K71 instead of 'K66, even better!

There is an electric control, for the Hydraulic powered deck lift (simplicity does not use the crappy electric lift)

Also hydraulic power steering
And a real frame from the simplicity.

Still too rich for me, but it is not a laughable tractor (like mine is)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts