My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new here and looking for some help. I saw that Craftsman GT600 mower frames could break, and mine did. Now that Sears and Craftsman have gone away, who would you contact about repairs? Any information is certainly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,597 Posts
A local welder and/or machine shop? Bend and/or weld it back together, perhaps add some supports or addition metal around the area to beef it up somewhat (course, depending on the frame and what you are doing with it, the weak point just moves elsewhere and that point may bend/break later on).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave! I've already looked into that in case I can't find another way. However, online I discovered this was identified as a problem with this same model, and at one time Craftsman (or Sears) was doing free repairs or replacement. I'm trying to find out if possibly MTD or Lowe's is honoring that same fix since they took over. I was hoping to learn if anyone had the similar problem and got to a reliable source for an answer, instead of having to explain my issue to a dozen part-time employees who probably don't care, or make as many phone calls/leave unanswered messages. Any help is appreciated, and thanks again for your reply Dave. Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts