My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I should post this here or in the attachment forum but here goes. I recently picked up a GT-18 that has the Electric Assist. This was rigged up to lift both the sleeve hitch in the back and the front (snowblower, dozer blade, etc attachments). My question is can I get some type of electrical switch so I could either use the back or just use the front rather than when I lower the back the front also lower (if I have a attachment on the front). Hope I explained this OK. I am not that electricaly inclined. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hmmm, I think I would split the system and use two switches. just an Idea

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good if I only had a clue on how to go about doing it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Might depend on how it works...does it have two of the lift actuators, one on the front and one on the back? Or is it one actuator working a linkage to the front.

If you have two actuators, two switches should work.
If you have one actuator, with linkage running to the front, you may need to disconnect one.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you have one actuator, with linkage running to the front, you may need to disconnect one.
exactly what i was thinking, by the looks of the picture i am thinking this is a single system. so i would just unhook the "arm" to the front or back depending on which end you are working with

or........ get another tractor!!!!!! then set one up for front end work and the other for rear work muhahahahahhaahha :hide:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts