My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
NOT ENOUGH MUD OR SNOW!!!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to make mounts for my Massey 14 and use a hydraulic cylinder to raise, lower, and have the ability to float or force it down if need be. I got the blade new last winter for my Craftsman GT and now it will have an old AMF 2-stage blower on it once I make the mounts for it. Anywho, the factory cutting edge wore down to the moldboard and I flipped the edge over to finish the winter season. I decided NOT to buy one from Sears. I took an old cutting edge from a Meyers plow and cut it to width. I just welded the front and back sides and now I have an edge that will last and give it a little more weight. I had done this once before and the guy who bought the quad that I did it to the blade he is still using the same cutting edge after 6 years and really doesn't look too wore down. Ya'll may want to think about using one from someone who just replaced the edge on their pickup plow. A lot of guys put new ones on at the start of the snow season and they will prob give it to ya for free. I was in luck and had one left over from one of my old plows.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts