My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Toro Whirlwind Museum
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this mower a few years ago, by combining 2 free mowers from curbside discard. A neighbor up the street was using a 1997 Lawn Boy Silver Series 4-cycle, when I heard it start making noise. Sure enough, he very quickly put it out for the trash. I rescued it. He had lost a bolt from the little cage over the muffler and it was rattling. Wow....I shook my head over the neighbor's lack of investigative skills.

Within a few days, someone else threw away a 1977 Craftsman with a blown engine.

The deck on the Lawn Boy was a little rusty, so I thought hmmm....

Here are the results. The deck, wheels, bag, and height adjusters are Sears. The engine, handles, and height adjuster knobs are Lawn Boy. I had a can of Rustoleum Regal Red spray paint already on hand. This project was zero cost. Every decal is simply an image save from the 'net and printed out on glossy photo paper and glued in place.. People mistake the Sears 'Eager-One' name as "Eagle One" so often that I decided to incorporate that as a joke! :tango_face_grin:

This was a one-pull to start engine and the cut was very good with this combination of engine and deck! I had to sell it, because I didn't have enough room with my other mowers, but it's fondly remembered. It was a fun project.

·
Parts collector
2,970 Posts
:sidelaugh Eagle one.

Sorry you had to sell it but hey free and you made money right. :thThumbsU

1 - 2 of 2 Posts