My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all My uncle just gave me a Craftsman Eager one that had been sitting for oh ten plus years I've never seen him use it suprisingly the cylinder has a good 90 lbs comppression with 50 on the first pull and a strong spark so I said to myself hmm this thing has hope

And then I opened the CArb pee u man did it stink but thats to be expected

Anaway do most tecumseh carbs use the same type of parts or carburator kit
Are all of tecumse's brass floats the same I considered ording the parts from sears parts direct but they are expensive

Has Anyone delt with jacks small engines It looks like they have a universal carb kit

I was also kinda shocked because it actually has craftsman stampped into the carb body.

I can get the thing to fire then it dies I have to do make shift choke with my hand because the primer line is dry rot I wonder why

From my experince this is in the carb I herd liquid in the float nit enough to sink it but enough to where it needs replaced probably will replace the bowl to just because of the amout of junk in the bottem of it

For a light weight mower it is in good shape I need to borrow uncles welder and weld up to cracks in the deck from where you step and lets face it no one in my family is a ligh weight I might even reinforce it a wee bit

I need to practice welding any way

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot how to edit so I just reply to meself

If you know of anyone that might be cheaper or better let me know
Thanks

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hello 1984 Diplomat, I have had excellent luck sourcing parts from Outdoor Distributors, www.outdoordistributors.com. Their prices are far better than Sears Parts Direct for the exact same parts. Shipping is reasonable, too.

Somewhere on the engine will be a 143.***etc number. This is the Sears number for this Tecumseh engine. Go to Outdoor Distributors, click on 'T', click on 'Tecumseh', then click the line about not having parts numbers and searching for parts list. Enter the 143.***etc number. This will bring up an Illustrated Parts List for that engine.

Unfortunately, this only lists the carb itself as one item, no parts. So, try this Tecumseh part number for a carb rebuild kit: 631021B, this includes everything but the bowl nut gasket and the primer bulb. The bowl nut gasket is 631334A, and the primer bulb will be 632047A.

Go to the Small Engines and Repair forum here at MTF. Click the line item for Tecumseh Engine Manuals. Click the link for 3-11 hp Flatheads. This is the service manual for your engine. If your harddrive on your computer has the memory, this manual would be good to save for future reference.

For cleaning the carb, a bread tie with the plastic stripped off will be your best friend for checking all the little orifices and passages in the carb and bowl nut. Especially the bowl nut, as there are 2 or 3 radial holes near the bottom, and one hole dead in the center of the top. These need to be clear for the engine to run.

Good Luck!!!

Seth K. Pyle

·
JD318
990 Posts
ditto on the outdoordistributors site.
good luck with it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It lives but it leaks no big suprise