My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Amateur Radio Club that I belong to, the Starved Rock Radio Club, held it's 2009 hamfest today. This is approximately the 75th hamfest. Put together a bit of a video with some of the pictures I took. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWT5KtQB6K8

Brad

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Interesting Brad. I want to get back on the radio someday but I'm just too busy right now. Thanks for the video. :fing32:

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
I sure like hamfests, you ALWAYS need this or that for the station!

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What area of the hobby did you guys like? FM, HF, Packet? I like HF but usually limited to FM. 2 meters mostly, storm spotting, etc... I put up a 40m dipole a year or so ago for winter activity. Wish I had a 4 or 5 band vertical. That would make it easier to get o several different bands.

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
I am into digital D-Star. Talked to a couple of people in Seattle on my handheld. Not enough room for an HF beam, and even have the 10 element 430MHz Yagi in one of our bedrooms pointed at the repeater.

Greg

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
I am into digital D-Star. Talked to a couple of people in Seattle on my handheld. Not enough room for an HF beam, and even have the 10 element 430MHz Yagi in one of our bedrooms pointed at the repeater.

Greg
Greg? hey, i see your location changed!! hows things in the future??

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
What area of the hobby did you guys like? FM, HF, Packet? I like HF but usually limited to FM. 2 meters mostly, storm spotting, etc... I put up a 40m dipole a year or so ago for winter activity. Wish I had a 4 or 5 band vertical. That would make it easier to get o several different bands.
I use a Cushcraft R7 (7 band) vertical and really like it. It was a little frustrating constructing it at first but in the end it has been very dependable, Good luck, 73.

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Greg? hey, i see your location changed!! hows things in the future??
Ahhhh, John, that would cost you.....:sidelaugh

I'm busier than ever, and need some time to go fishing... You're place is looking good! :thThumbsU

Aunt Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts