My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt give much for that cab. Its missing the front and rear glass, doors cab mounts, foot well tin and more. Its a $200 cab at best.
Frank, thanks. No problem, I have $250.00 in it including delivery so we are on the same page. I don't really need it for cold weather. I have a 318 with a 44 front end loader and I wanted the cab for physical protection. Adding glass and sheet metal is easy for me, but making the brackets would be a bit more challenging. Thanks for the input and if you see any doors or brackets available in your area, please keep me in mind. Not much JD stuff down here in the mid atlantic/south. :dunno:

Steve

·
Registered
488 Posts
The last set of brackets for this 318 420 cozy cab I saw sold for $100 here on the forum and I thought it was a great buy. Haven't seen anymore around since.
These are the large zig-zag brackets the mount under the fender pan to the frame. It's too bad someone didn't take the time to remove them and i'm guessing they went away with the tractor.
I like the idea of using the steel framed cab for some added protection. I too decided to leave my cab installed year round for the same reason.
Doors look easy enough to build from scratch. I found a source for similar CC door latches if you choose to build.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey all,

Well, I had brackets made at a shop in Ohio and had front mounts made as well. Cost me a bunch for it all, but worth it as I had some slight changes made. I installed a rear window and made a front window out of plexiglass. I am thinking about how to make some half doors as I don't really need a winter cab. I installed a fan, two lights on the top and one on the back. Overall, I have about $$850.00 in it including paint so I am still okay with. I have seem them from $700.00 to $1100 not including shipping or delivery. I will upload pics when done. Oh yeah, I had to cut out a section on the front side to allow for my 44 loader to fit. I think this is going to work out well down here in the hot, humid, buggy, and sandy southeast GA.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.