My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIght now I am in the process of repainting my G10 and my G14. Neither of them had decals. I have seen the decals for them but they are no help in the dimmensions. I want to paint them on instead of buying them and then clear coat over the top. Could someone tell me the dimmensions of the letters, the length of the decal and the height? The decals I'm refering to are the ones that run down the sides of the hood. Next question is acouple years ago I responded to an ad on a yahoo group for two Bolens tractors. The guy told me they were 1050's so I assumed I had 2 1050's but I've learned quite a bit about the bolens tractors and now some red flags are jumping at me. Frame and drivetrain are Identical but I have one small metal fender that mounts to the frame using a "C" Spring and the other fender is small fiberglass that mounts rigid to the frame and has a tool box under the seat. They also came with two motors one is a tra-10 and the other is a tra-12. At first I thought he purchased the 12 but now it's starting to look like I have two different tractors. Is one a 1220? There's no tags on either machine except for one hood which has the 1050 decals and the cutout for the exhaust. Just curious as to what I have. As always thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
the fiber glass fender is most likely from a bolens 900 or bolens 1000. the other metal fender sounds like a 1050 fender. the original engines that were used in the 1050's were TR-10D and TRA-10D the TRA-12D's were used in later models like a 1256. sounds like one is a complete 1050. but the fiberglass fender and TR12D is not what should be on a 1050. hope that helps , if you have some pics I probably could accurately id it for you.
-Brian

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my 1050 is my avatar (custom flame paint job) and the other tractor is completely disassembled and canibalized for the the G10 G14 and the 1050. I'll see if I can get some pictures taken sunday of the fiberglass fender. The hood that's on the 1050 has no cutout for exhaust and the actual 1050 hood has the cutout. Right now I have a hh100 that came out of the g10 on my 1050 and will be going back to the G10. The TRA12 is going to be going in the 1050 seeing as it is a complete engine minus a gas tank. The TRA10 is missing the rings and some other parts that are available but I am very low on funds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts