My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been getting by with a Verizon hotspot with 7Gigs of internet for years now for $75/mth. It wasn't enough but I have no DSL or cable access. Only alternatives are phone hotspot use or satellite internet.

Also my local elec Co sent me a notice that powerline internet would be available if I just signed a form giving them the right to "dig under, put powerlines over, or access your land in any way we please" consent form--NOT!

I've been looking for awhile and stumbled across Sprint's new MIFI 8000 hotspot which has 100gigs of 4G followed by unlimited 2G internet for $60/mth. I signed up online and got my hotspot a couple weeks ago. It doesn't like my steel sided house and has to be put between my window and screen to get access but works great. I figured out the best spot for it in one of my downstairs windows.

I can now view youtube videos, Amazon Prime video streaming movies and Netflix w/o running my internet out and having overage fees like I had with my 7Gig hotspot.
So, if you've been struggling with your country internet options like I was then this is a great solution. I'm happy I got mine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sprint was just acquired (or merged) by T Mobile so I can only assume it will get better. Seems like a great alternative for sure!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sprint was just acquired (or merged) by T Mobile so I can only assume it will get better. Seems like a great alternative for sure!
It sounds quirky with needing to be between the screen and window but it stays connected when my Verizon would go in and out all the time. Especially frustrating when you type out a response in a thread or email and it gets lost when you hit "send" and get a "no internet connection" alert.

So far I've used 14 gigs halfway thru the billing cycle and I think it rolls over.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's great! Not bad at all. I have Verizon for my cell service and Verizon is rated #1 but it seems they have consonant issues in some from or another. We have friends in the boonies of Tennessee and their VZ hotspots plainly just suck. Constantly getting disconnected. The sad thing is they have just under or full signal. Go figure!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great! Not bad at all. I have Verizon for my cell service and Verizon is rated #1 but it seems they have consonant issues in some from or another. We have friends in the boonies of Tennessee and their VZ hotspots plainly just suck. Constantly getting disconnected. The sad thing is they have just under or full signal. Go figure!
That's the way mine was. I ended up buying a used one off ebay and putting my SIM card in it after it failed during the eclipse a few years ago. It's never stayed connected always kicking in and out. Total PITA and expensive for little use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts