My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 42" counter rotating tiller near me and wondering if you need more hp to run one and is it better than the normal foward rotating tiller for 3pt?

I have a kubota B7100 16hp

thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Never ran a counter rotating one, but I think it will be more of difference in traction required than HP. With my forward rotating 60" on 27 HP CT225 @ 3000 lbs, I can feel it try to push the tractor sometimes in really hard ground.
I think you would do OK with that on the B7100 with some weight on the front end for extra front traction.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I agree with previous posters. According to the "literature" and "user" accounts counter rotation tillers tend to dig a little deeper, but I never operated one. I do not see a problem with your B7100 with your 13HP PTO HP handling that 42" tiller. My old Ford 1100 (13/11+ HP) handled a similar sized foward rotation (HEAVY) tiller with no real difficulties, but I really had to add additional weight to my blade to balance out the rig.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My current garden has been tilled 6-8 inches for 3 yrs now and breaks up nicely with the Horse tiller so I wouldn't think I would have a problem. I also have a turn plow to break new ground in a few weeks to grow some corn next year and it should be fine in it.

thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hi

i have similar tractor but normal rotation tiller with narrow baldes somewhere between full size tractor and japanese tiller blades. the b7100 manual i downloaded states 42 max cut and at a 180kg weight (mine is slightly wider and lighter than that) but if you use the plough it just makes it easier for the little one :) as i discovered. and reason why i am looking into buying a small plough myself some day @:)

re digging down i think it would have a good tendency to push down unless good skids or dept wheels are present. given the soil is brittle as you said :)

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts