My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my SS12 is still running but smokes when you first start it up and seems to be lacking in power while mowing.at some point it will need an overhaul,about what will the parts cost and can you get them easily? What else could cause the loss of power?possibly the intake gasket leaking? seems like its not turning enough RPMS even with the throttle all the way up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Your not gonna like my answer but parts are getting vary hard to come by for the HH120, and when you do your gonna be paying for it. Stens still makes some replacement parts but for some reason the connecting rod is elusive. As far as loss of power, could be intake, carb out of adjustment, head gasket etc. You said it doesn't sound like its turning enough RPM's, could your cable have slipped or the gov. be out of adj?

Brad

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Not going to be easy....I've got 2 HH120's, a '68 ss12 and a '68 ferguson 12. Both need carb work. Not to sound like a pessimist, but rebuild kits are impossible to find. A member from Cali that owns a business was nice enough to offer his help. Soon as I grab some numbers when I make my way into storage. If I find anything, I'll keep you posted. If I don't find them, I'm going to punt on these tractors, tired of searching for parts for them.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Joe, if you decide to get rid of that MF let me know. Always liked the MF12.

Brad

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Any idea what these parts are worth?Not sure what i'm gonna do with them??? Rod,rings,valves,gaskets for HH120 :fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spring between the arm that my throttle cable hooks to and the throttle itself seems to be stretched out."i dont know what you call any of those parts" i took it loose and cut a little bit off of it,it seems to have helped it some.i had the throttle adjusted all the way and it did no good until i did that.im gonna cut a little more off or try to get a new one.is there another engine that will mount on here without an act of congress that you can get parts for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts