My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to get my Snapper Robin 2 cycle walk behind up and running again. I removed and cleaned the Mikuni carb thoroughly in my ultrasonic cleaner and trying to get a good grip and handle on the busy looking governor system this mower uses. I have the repair and the parts manual but none of the diagrams show the handles and cables. Even Partstree doesn’t show those. Parts for these mowers are almost non-existent but was able to find and purchase new governor rods and springs. Sure would like any confirmation on the correct throttle cable part #.

Lawn Boy Dan- would you happen to know? Others with knowledge are welcome to jump in. TIA!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a lot of the nos cables with throttle controls if you need. But none have numbers or what ever they go on. Maybe a picture will help me if you find one to show.

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the one on mine isn’t original. Mine seems short especially where it clamps for the adjustment down at the engine. Hoping the collective knowledge here can supply the correct # for the throttle cable.

Reactions: MoJoMowerman

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Model is WT1-125V or EC13V. I made a typo on thread title.

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased a NOS 1-8186/ 7018186 throttle cable off eBay for $11. I’ll update fitment after it arrives and is installed. It looks correct and has the old style red lever up top.

Reactions: MoJoMowerman

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
to get the correct throttle control-you must use the snapper model number of the body . using robin model number wont work. the correct part is still aval on ebay usually and is extremely heavy duty. a lesser control unit can be made to work tho

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan. If my new throttle cable doesn’t work, I’ll look for the model # sticker on my Snapper Robin.

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New cable didn’t work but seller accepted a return. Thanks lawnboy Dan for that info. I have a 214X1PR-2 and found the correct cable and ordered. Pricey though....

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For archives, the correct throttle cable is 7015635 but that # supersedes to 7015635YP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts