My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unaware they ever offered one! Id be all over it if my yard wouldn't murder that poor thing. One could have the batteries rebuilt. Id love to see someone from this forum buy this. I know, it's not running on fuel , but hey, it's different......and could be worth something later on?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/1184991807.html

·
Registered
972 Posts
I saw it. Its not a bad mower. It looks like a B&D. New batteries would probably run $50-100. Most likely there SLA's. I'd really like to have an cordless electric mower. Lawnboy made one in the 70s on a cast deck thats more interesting.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, if I could get a 'deal' on it I would go pick it up.....but I just dont have the use for it. My yard would eat that DC motor alive.

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
I wouldn't take a piece of electric yard equipment for anything less than FREE. Then I would promptly sell it to the first ignorant tree hugger that would buy it. Electric lawn equipment is a joke...

·
Banned
864 Posts
i have an black n decker plug in electric lawn mower
and it can go through 2 ft tall grass like a hot nife through butta

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
Lawn-Boy made a cordless mower back in 75 or 76. Had 3 motor cycle batts in it. 19 inch staggered wheel mower. Doug use to have one.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would totally mod that thing out w some LIPO batteries if I could figure out a way to mod it. But like others have said, I want a better 'deal'.
Electric makes sense for a lot of people.........trimmers and hedge shears, but mower.......I had a neighbor who had a B&D and they used it below a pine tree to mulch pine cones.......it actually did a helluva job and never skipped a beat. They got it free. It was 120V though.......

Im eager to make a LOW ball offer........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts