My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people who have YouTube channels know about the upcoming changes and also that YouTube is going to eliminate some or more channels that are low profit. My channel was briefly monetized two years ago before it was again de monetized. I never got a check. 11 years on, 328 videos and 70,000 views of my very amateur videos. I have about the last 150 stored through my iPhone 7. I don’t have to save every video going back 11 years but certain ones I want to get copies of. I don’t have a working home computer and I’m not really good with computers. I also am on a tight budget. Any suggestions for how to record or capture my old videos?

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
I know youtube makes a point of not enabling people to download videos from their site, but there are some desktop browser plugins/addons that do let you do it (I know there is one for Firefox that worked awhile ago, and it periodically gets updated to work around whatever changes youtube makes to stop it).

It's unlikely there is a app/extension for the iPhone, but there probably is one for Android phones somewhere to do it. You might try googling for it if you've got an android device. I believe Apple does have a way of recording a video of what's displayed on the device, it might also record audio (I don't know), but I don't know how to do it (so, if you figure it out, you can play the video you want in the browser or youtube app, and record it as it plays).

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My primary smartphone is an iPhone 7. I have an inactive iPhone 5c. I was thinking maybe I could play the videos by WiFi on my 5c and position my 7 to record it??? I don’t know how well that will work.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Well, I would suggest first trying the iOS screen recording method. It does support recording spoken audio, so it should also record the audio out the speakers. I think that will produce a better quality video than using one phone to record the other.

google "recording ios screen" for how to do it

·
Super Moderator
29,910 Posts
OK so to be clear here, YouTube changed it's Terms of Service. For anyone interested here is an article on the issue: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/youtube-update-terms-of-service-shut-accounts-rules-a9198926.html

They added language that a lot of users have taken to mean what Boyd is discussing, but they have not said they are going to do any of it....yet. The new Terms do however make it "easier" for them to eliminate accounts that aren't commercially viable (making THEM money). Anyone remember "Photo Bucket?? and the fiasco they caused?"

The timeline is that the new Terms of Service take effect on December 10th.

Please folks lets be careful not to provide any reference to illegal download sites here in the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts