My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here flushed their cooling system? What did you use to flush/clean system? I have an X475.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If its like my x485, there's a valve down on the bottom left side of the radiator have a bucket handy and crack it open to drain it out. Then fill up with new easy as Cake. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I know about the drain valve. I was wanting to actually flush it out and clean the system. JD makes some stuff that cleans system before refilling with new. Just wanted to know if anyone had done it this way using a cleaner first.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did my X749 with Preston super flush. I first drained the system then added the super flush and filled with distilled water ran it up to temp, drained and did two more flushes with just distilled water to make sure all the super flush was out of the system then filled with JD Cool Gard 2 pre mix. I was changing the thermostat so I left it out to do the flush. If you have your thermostat in place make sure it opens so you flush the whole system.:trink39:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JD makes a flush also but I figure its double the $$. Just wanted to know if anyone else had used something other than JD flush like Prestone. Thanks for reply:trink40:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts