My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working in Uruguay (South America) for a month or so. I was driving around today exploring & I spotted a few old cars. I started taking photos, the owner came out & said no photos unless I paid. I gave him a US $5 & he invited me in for 4 hours of treasure hunting. The attached photo album is about 50% of his stash. There are some tractors & implements towards the end. It's all for sale, he knows what he has, he has customers all over the world. I'm not an importer, no I will not bring you anything back in my luggage. If you see something you cannot live without & you have a way to get it from South America, I have his phone number.
LINK TO PHOTOS.
enjoy.
(yes, the Buick Roadmaster Straight 8 runs & drives)

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
581 Posts
All I can say is - WOW! :swow:

Man, I think I'd dehydrate from drooling so much walking around there - LOL.

:thanku: For sharing your find!

Rich

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's quite the collection. I wonder what it would cost to ship something from there.

The variable speed on this drill press is awesome. Or at least I think it's a drill press. Whatever it is, I'd love to have it.
It took me a while of staring at it. It's a bread dough mixer!:fing02:

·
Bikes/Tractors what else
1,461 Posts
While the cars look rough, it appears that there is very little salt damage.

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Salt? They can't salt the roads down here.... The horses pulling the wagons & buggies would stop to lick it up! (And it very seldom get below freezing.)

·
Registered
833 Posts
ThkU hilixhippie - great photo's you shared with us.

Reminds me of the times 35 years ago, when I use to visit local junkyards (on a Saturday morning) to just browse for old tin & search for a diamond in the rough. Did this a few times a year. Years later, a car buddy of mine said he did this to. Other coworkers though we were nuts, it was fun telling them how we enjoyed our self...

----------------------
Beaumont { :>))
--------------------------------------------------------------------
www.petperfectexpress.com
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
I have G.A.S.
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ThkU hilixhippie - great photo's you shared with us.

Reminds me of the times 35 years ago, when I use to visit local junkyards (on a Saturday morning) to just browse for old tin & search for a diamond in the rough. Did this a few times a year. Years later, a car buddy of mine said he did this to. Other coworkers though we were nuts, it was fun telling them how we enjoyed our self...]
Oh yes, I truly miss the days when attorneys didn't run the world & you could wander around a junkyard just to look & learn & wonder about the folks that worked hard to buy those vehicles. It used to be a "Saturday past time" for me as well. That's part of what has made my time in Uruguay so enjoyable. The national attitude is "live & let live". Everyones personal space is very small & no body takes your style as a personal offense against their style. You want to drive slow, ok. You want to drive fast, ok. You want to sit & visit for hours in a restaurant, ok. I wish I spoke better Spanish, these folks are very friendly when approached & very private when left to themselves.

·
redneckyankee
195 Posts
COOL 111 man i had a buick like that when i was a kid ,
;. won't say when but was a great ride

1 - 11 of 11 Posts