My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have x740 Diesel. Wonderin if you guys that have diesel X series have had same issue. I dont have any leaks on ground or anywhere i can see. I have checked all hose clamps and made sure they were snug. Its got to be goin somewhere because i can smell it once it gets to temperature. Any ideas?? Thanks. And Happy New Year!

·
10,825 Posts
There have been several threads on here about coolant loss on the new X700 series tractors. Check the underside of your radiator, and the joint on the bottom, where the plastic meets the aluminum. If there is any evidence of leakage at either spot, contact your dealer to, at the least, make a record of the fact your radiator could be bad.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I found I had loose hose clamps that weeped a little fluid but not enough to ever drip. I see you already have these covered though. I would check the radiator, as Cat385B mentioned, there was at least one post on a crack in the plastic part of the radiator but I think it was a gas Kawasaki not a diesel.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.