My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Clydesdale keeper
6 Posts
This is Copyright infringement. Something Caterpillar actively goes after and prosecutes for I would be very careful showing this thing off like this. All it takes is someone showing Caterpillar these pictures and giving them this website address and the Site owner as well as you could be getting a visit from the law. Seriously.

·
Clydesdale keeper
6 Posts
As a Brand Advocate for Caterpillar I am not taking it too seriously. Trade marks are guarded very strongly by any Company. The color is not even CAT yellow. Regardless of whether they sell it or not it is still trade mark infringement and if Caterpillar ever found out about it or who the owner id they could legally have them change it or even confiscate it and have it destroyed. Just saying.

·
Clydesdale keeper
6 Posts
So if I were to put a Chevy or Dodge tow plug, bumper sticker, and window decal on my ford pickup, would I get arrested or be sued by Ford?

It's not like he's claiming that they were made by Caterpillar. It's no different from putting a John Deere sticker on your truck window.
It is completely different than just putting a sticker on as advertisement. It is consider miss use of the TM. You obviously have no clue about TM and Copyright law or how companies defend thier trade marks to maintain thier value. Think of Kleenex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.