My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just some cool pics. Not mine.

If you like it, please make a quick post to bump it up for the next Guy.

Thanks

Attachments

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump, something to look at if you're bored on a Saturday night.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hairybear, you are taking this way too seriously. This is a definite compliment to Cat. Everybody knows and loves Cat products. If Cat made garden tractors we would be buying them. Cat like all major manufacturers lives to see their brand out there, anywhere. Just maybe if the folks at Cat knew how we felt, they might just start a line of GTs. We can only hope.:praying:

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I can see it now, "Caterpillar Corporation sues homeowner for calling his dog Cat".:ROF

Heaven help the Mexican folks that names their son Jesus.:hide:

(But I do like the spirited conversation, Lets you know the quiet ones are alive and well out there.):fing02::fing02::fing02:

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey Larry, I just seen some of you pic's of your 3 point hitch on the Ford, Does the swing arms run under the tractor and lift with the same hydraulic lever, I have searched everywhere for pictures of how it works, I'am trying to build my own for my 145, You don't have a spare hydraulic cylinder do you for sale or know where I can find a replacement, I over worked it or it had just dry rotted, But I'am having a hard time finding a replacement for it, There is a company called Bimba hydraulics that have a lot that would fit into its place but treads and and clevis holes are different, When they put the top clevis on they dint mean for it to come back off I took the set screw and cotter pin out and beat it with a sledgehammer and it will not move, And then I saw that if I just took it lose from the bottom it would unscrew from the top clevis, I still have about 3 tons of gravel to move and its ruff doing it with my 125 working the lever by hand gets ruff, Could you take some pictures of how the 3 point works and post them, I got lucky and found a replacement snow blade, mine is about shot, I was looking on craigslist and there was a Kubota G 2000 and its made the same but built much heaver, and the blade itself work perfect, Any help or knowledge on these matters would really be appreciated, Since I have bought my first ford I am hooked, I don't even bother with my other tractors any more, I think I am going to sell all of my others, It;s just my opinion but I do not think anything can touch a open sided lgt. FORD POWER,
Hi Tommy

Yes, you just gotta love the power in these Kohler K Fords. Even with the widest tires, I spin the loaded turfs too easily with only 5psi in them. I have Ford wheel weights but need even more weight on the back when using the loader. I don't have a blade or any knowledge on them as I guess I just lucked out when I found my loader and it is all purpose.

Yes again, it is the same cylinder and control lever that lifts the deck that also lifts the 3ph. I lost the rear pto when the loader pump was installed instead, but I have a draw bar and hitch ball on the 3ph that i use to lift and move trailers. Really handy, especially when the trailer jack is sunk way down in the mud. Lots of lifting power.

There is an arm under the seatpan that runs to the rear to lift the 3ph. Truth is I only remember seeing it the once when I first got the tractor and had the seatpan off do some service work. Dark outside now, but will try and get some pics of the set up tomorrow and maybe post on a new 3ph thread that other people can contribute to later on the same subject.

Sorry, no spare cylinder and my other two Fords both have "armstrong" lifts.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I don't think cat will come after you, Its advertisement for them, if you can buy it its yours unless your trying to build a market for them, Some one already built a articulated fake cat I have seen on Youtube, been on there for a few years, and it looks like a cat. If I want to paint my John Deere wheels purple, Its mine.
Tommy, I started a new thread with the pics of the 3PH linkage. Hope they help you.

I agree with you on the paint and decals. If Deere or Cat or Cub had any concerns they would be asking for your serial number when you ordered decals or a quart of paint, and they certainly would pursue aftermarket decal producers, who are actually in the business for profit, (this I could see) long before they took any interest in individuals sticking them on their mowers.

Never forget, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.