My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going through the pile of tractor documents for my grandfather's 112H yesterday when a little folded up piece of paper fell out of one of them... When I unfolded it, this is what I found:

Its a four-page manual for the Gen-e-motor! Just finished scanning this puppy in, to preserve it (its in pretty rough shape, paper-wise). A really quick read, and the thing looks like its made by Pincor, but looks like a cheaper "little brother" to the full fledged Pincor gen-set like Deerenut has.... Anyone ever seen or have one of these? Information would be appreciated!

So NOW I've got a mission! Obviously, this gem is SOMEWHERE in my dad's collection of stuff that should belong to the 112.... AND its something I could easily store and clean up and tinker with INSIDE during the cold winter months! Guess I'll need to talk to my dad to see if he's seen it lately...

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Glad you found the manual. Good luck in your search for the generator.

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I like that front mount better that simplicity's design. They mount on the rear. With front mount you could keep it on while tilling, extra front weight.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
LTG; That is so cool. It is neat when you find stuff like that. :thThumbsU

I sure hope you find that generator at your Dads. They are a rare piece of history.

You say you scanned that brochure? I would love to see the rest of it. I have been looking for more literature on mine. It seems to be as rare as the actual equiptment...:crybaby:

·
14,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, I took the plunge and asked him.... "Oh ya, I've still got it.... Its up at the cabin, in the garage there... I'm pretty sure...."

And it works... at least it did, the couple of times he's hooked it up in the past 20 years.... It would HAVE to be at least 20 years since its been hooked up, unless there's another tractor he's been hooking it to...

So we'll see if it comes back to live in MY garage....

I figure, start SMALL on asking for the attachments back, then work up... Next will be the tiller (which needs some SERIOUS work, but I know where it is), then maybe the Johnson loader....

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
So... when are you going to the cabin... you know just to make sure it still works you'll need to install it on the tractor... at your place...

Best of luck :thThumbsU

Reactions: Rarefish383

·
14,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you have not only the manual, but the actual attachment too. Sweet!

I can't wait to see more of the manual, and photos of the generator itself. Does it require a different size pto/pulley sheave?
Well, I don't have the actual generator YET.... I might have to get the PO's wife involved in the negotiations... My mum can be quite persuasive! :)

Cool find LTG :fing32: Sounds like your grandfather had all kinds of attachments for the RF.
Pretty much everything but the snow blade.... I haven't seen the cement mixer or the loader for YEARS tho....

·
14,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Citizen of Earth
16,842 Posts
I have seen only one in the flesh, I sure hope you can find yours and that it still works.

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Well, I took the plunge and asked him.... "Oh ya, I've still got it.... Its up at the cabin, in the garage there... I'm pretty sure...."

And it works... at least it did, the couple of times he's hooked it up in the past 20 years.... It would HAVE to be at least 20 years since its been hooked up, unless there's another tractor he's been hooking it to...

So we'll see if it comes back to live in MY garage....

I figure, start SMALL on asking for the attachments back, then work up... Next will be the tiller (which needs some SERIOUS work, but I know where it is), then maybe the Johnson loader....
Step by step, inch by inch, slowly he turns, until . . . . whammo, and "hopefully" he won't even know what hit him when you get it and all the other attachments back. Good luck!!! We're all counting on you!!! :thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts

·
14,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, bumping this old thread here, just cuz... I'm FINALLY getting up to the ancestral cabin this August long weekend coming up... I'm hoping to nab the Gen-E-Motor while I'm there... Wish me luck folks! Because a) I'm riding up there in my dad's truck (so I'm pretty dependent on him to give me a ride back home, with or without the generator) and b) I'm pretty sure I can't just sneak it out without him noticing!

Of course, on the positive side, I have confirmation of where the front-end loader is hiding in my dad's complex of warehouses, and I'm starting to work on him for THAT one too...

·
Citizen of Earth
16,842 Posts
Keep us posted and share some pics if you can.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.