My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an idea or done it ?
I have been quoted about a thousand dollars for one called uni-tach.

Doesn't look like its worth a grand.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Are you talking about a three point hitch quick hitch or one for the loader that uses a hydro to attach other equipment? The three point one will work as long as you have the same catogory three point.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so its a seperate mount sytem not an adapter?

My local JD dealer said an adapter was about a grand.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
sounds like your dealer is similar to mine...and that's why I now own more than one color. The easiest thing to do is sit him down in front of a computer and go thru the build your own for a 300cx and it'll have the option for the carrier with pricing and bundle code.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have two questions:

1) What tractor/FEL do you have?

2) Why? What does the JDQA not do for you? It's fast, lightweight and effective. There are only three things that work well on a small tractor-a bucket, small grapple, and forks and all three are readily available in the JDQA setup. If you have dreams of running implements made for skid-steers (SSQA) you will surly be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm guessing this is for your 3720? The part your dealer is talking about is an adaptor for the JDQA-SSQA, the one Shack is mentioning is a replacment for the JDQA I'm assuming, the later will require modifying the bucket or getting a new one. I'm also kinda curious why your looking to convert, I had to make a QA for my little Kubota because they didn't offer one from the factory but there seems to be a large selection of JDQA miplements available.

Is it to have some flexability borrowing stuff? Because as kennyd said, a lot of the skid steer attachments are a little on the heavy side for the CUTS.

Brad

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 3720lot with a 300x loader. A friend has a tree spade attachment for a bobcat i wanted to be able to use. I think having the 300x instead of the cx complicates things.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oh ok, I think we all assumed you had the CX, the only other company I can think of that makes the adapter you need is called ATI (http://www.preseeder.com/PDF/TachAllQAFlyer03_05.pdf). They only sell through dealers but might be worth looking into. I think any SSQA adapter is going to cost a bit, only other option I can think of would be to make one if your fab skills are up to it.

Brad

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a 3720lot with a 300x loader. A friend has a tree spade attachment for a bobcat i wanted to be able to use. I think having the 300x instead of the cx complicates things.
I don't think a tree spade will work well on your FEL. You do not have the weight or lift capacity of a SSL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts