My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
We're all friends here
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy on the internet made his own foot control lever and the lever for the transmission linkage.
I'm cheating a little and using parts that came off a motorcycle.

Attachments

·
We're all friends here
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional photos

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
Very interesting and clever. :thThumbsU How does it work?

·
We're all friends here
13,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geof, the article is here. You can ask Ray, but if it is anything like his other projects, I'm sure it works very well.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,529 Posts
Very interesting and clever. :thThumbsU How does it work?
I had the tractor out today doing some playing with it and the pedal works very well.
Just push down on the pedal to make the tractor go forward and the more you push down, the faster the tractor goes.
Letting up on the pedal immediately slows the tractor down and taking pressure off the pedal puts the tractor in neutral automatically.

I can put the tractor in reverse by putting my toe under the pedal and pulling up on it.
However I find that I prefer to still use the hand control for reverse rather than move my foot under the pedal.

After we get moved and I get my shop set back up so I can do some serious metal work, I may change this design ( or I may not ??? ).

My first idea for a foot control was to cut the solid foot pad off and replace it with a rotating foot pad.
This way I could push down with my toe to go forward and push back with my heel to go in reverse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts