My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an extra 400 3 point thinking about cutting the lift brackets off of the 400 rock shaft and mounting them to the 318 rock shaft .

I have debated welding them or making a bracket to clamp them to the rock shaft even considerd just making new lift brackets so I wouldn't cut up the 400 rock shaft.

I will also have to make the brackets that bolt to the axel for the lower arms

Any sugestions I can do it either way just wanted to see how others may do it someone may have a better plan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Everything is correct except the rock shaft that deere wants $450 for and $40 each for the two lower brackets. And I have not found the rock shaft for it on the net looked on ebay complete 3 points about $350 a bit more than I want to spend I have considerd that or would trade Rock shaft if someone had one to trade.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You will get about $250-300 for a complete 3 pt hitch for a 400 on Ebay depending if it is complete and functional. There was a brand new NOS one that went for $325+/- last week.

If you sell it as opposed to cutting it up then you won't have to put out that much money to have the correct 3 pt hitch for 318. You will also have made a 400 owner happy...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have ruled out cutting up the rock shaft I have a Lead on a 318 3 point if it works out the one for the 400 may be up for gabs

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
That's pretty decent of you - some of this stuff is getting hard to find and original OEM parts are important to many.

Your pups don't exactly look thrilled to be there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They love the water and riding in the paddel boat and floating on the raft that pic did not do them any justice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts