My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, does anyone know if you can convert an x475 (gas) to the diesel version. Would it be a simple engine swap or would you have to rewire everthing, swap fuel pumps...

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Assuming you went with the correct engine, be prepared to spend (if new) about $6000.00 on the complete engine. I think it would swap in fairly simple, you would need to flush the gas tank, change the gas cap (red for diesel) you may have to do some changes to the wiring, and you would need the diesel motor mounts, not sure if the radiator is common between the two, if they are common then you would need the correct hoses for the diesel.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Forget it! I helped swap a 455 engine into a 425 and it was a nightmare! The wiring harness is 1 assy that covers everything from the engine to headlights to taillights. Computer had to be swapped, fuel tank and lines, ignition switch.... I'm sure there is more. Luckily we started with a complete running 455 so we had all the parts, and it needed all of them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the info I was looking for. If it was just the engine that's one thing but by the time you swap everything else out it would just be a massive PIA. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts