My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ~2.75 acre lot, most of it mowable and flat, but a bit bumpy. For the past 1.5 years I've been using a Husqvarna GT48DXLS, which works fine but is taking me longer to mow than I care to. So, I've been thinking about picking up a ZTR this season to speed things up. Might hang on to the Husqvarna too for random tasks.

I've been looking at the Exmark Radius E-Series 52" or 60", which look to be ~$5500 and ~$6000 locally, new. Wondering if these are good options, or if there's something better to consider at a similar price point. What can I expect the difference in time to be with 52" vs. 60"? Not sure which is better for my needs, as I'd rather save the money if I don't need 60". Would like to stay at or below $6k. Appreciate any advice and recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I'm not much help as I don't have a zrtr but can tell you the bulk of the commercial users in our part of the state use either Ex-Mark & Toro; probably because there are more dealers for them. There are a few other brand users but that is a very small percentage when comparing. My son bought a used Exmark for mowing to cut down hours on his tractor and he really likes it. The time savings in minutes between a 52" & 60" deck is probably negligible so choose which ever you are more comfortable with. Good luck.

·
Choke's stuck on!
496 Posts
I have a 60" Cub Zforce mowing 2.3 acres. I usually wish the deck were slightly smaller for uneven terrain, maneuverability, and service (a 60" fabricated deck is quite heavy).

At your price point you can get a lot. With that few obstacles, I'd focus on highest top speed and the best suspension system. Make sure to sit in a few and operate them if you can to see what fits best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts