My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get a compression tester now that I'm restoring Gravelys but I can't find any yet that has an adapter that will fit the large spark plug hole. Is there any out there or do you guys make you own adapter?

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
There is a company that makes an adapter the will fit a standard spark plug into old obsolete spark plug holes. That's what most of us use. You just screw it into the big hole and then any standard (14mm I think) compression tester will fit. I'll start digging for the company name.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have an adaptor that fits the big spark plug hole and it was made by Champion Spark Plug Co. that may be a place to start looking.
Dan 2N

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why not gut an old plug and weld on an O2 sensor bung?

Another option is to use an old-style hand-held compression tester - the ones with the big rubber tapered end.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not gut an old plug and weld on an O2 sensor bung?

Another option is to use an old-style hand-held compression tester - the ones with the big rubber tapered end.
I thought of that. When I was a teen, we used those. I was afraid though that they might not be as accurate. I was able to get the adapter though thanks to the guys that posted earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts